Manitoba is going in the right direction when it comes to growing the sport, and it is spreading to the MHSAA Provincials.
For the first time, the MHSAA Board of Directors voted based on their membership response to have MBA Officials at their Provincial Championships. This is a HUGE step in the right direction, and the positives are many:
- Fair, unbiased professionals making decisions
- Officials are knowledgeable in the laws of badminton, and able to settle any disputes in the correct manner
- Athletes will be ensured a fair and transparent competition, and have the ability to appeal to the referee if they believe there are any issues to resolve on court
- The hosting committee no longer has to worry about settling disputes, and can focus on HOSTING
- Athletes will have the opportunity to ask for an umpires or linesmen if they need
- The hosting committee will be able to utilize Tournament Software, eliminating the need for manually running the tournaments with paper
- Tournament results can be uploaded in a matter of seconds
- Increased professionalism by having officials at the competition
- Increased promotion and awareness of officiating in badminton
- Increased opportunity for MBA to meet the phys-ed teachers and coaches in the school system
- and more!
We would like to thank Christine & Jason Curtis, and Nicole Garbutt for hosting a great tournament and for very willingly working with us to make sure the draws were done correctly!
Girls Singles, Boys Singles, Girls Doubles - http://badmintoncanada.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=8AA39F7C-3F10-4945-A430-52E07F4BE05A
Boys Doubles & Mixed Doubles - http://badmintoncanada.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=B7907E11-D5B8-4F26-B118-CC15175D2EFD